Northamptonshire Waste Partnership has teamed up with Get Composting to provide reduced priced environmental products such as home compost bins, water butts and more.
Home composting offer 2016 to 2017
Prices start from £17.98 for a 220 litre bin. Purchasers also have the added option of buying another bin for half price. This scheme will run until 31 March 2017.
To get further product information and to order any of the bins and accessories on offer, visit Get Composting (which contains details of additional compost bins and wormeries available).
What can be composted?
- Dry items such as leaves, dead plants, cardboard and paper
- Wet items such as tea bags, vegetable peelings, grass and fruit
- For the best compost, try to get an equal mixture of wet and dry items
What to avoid composting
- Cooked food, plate scrapings, meat and dairy products
- Glass, metal and glossy paper
- Diseased plants and animal litter
Master Composters Scheme
Northamptonshire Waste Partnership is working with a team of expert volunteers on an initiative aimed at getting more people interested in composting.
Become a Master Composter
- Access to expert training
- Volunteer experience in your local community
- Full Master Composter uniform
- Travel expenses
In return, as a Master Composter you will commit to working a minimum of 30 hours at local events and community meetings, helping local people get the most of their compostable waste.
If you are interested in applying to join our volunteer scheme or for more information visit the Recycle for Northamptonshire website.