Our household waste recycling centres (HWRC) are visited over a million times every year and we know that
queues can sometimes be a problem, especially during the spring and summer months.
We apologise in advance for any delays or inconvenience during busy periods. To avoid queues and make your journey as quick and easy as possible:
- Check the live webcam feed from your local HWRC to see how busy the site is before making a trip.
- Try to visit the site as late as possible – sites are busiest at the weekends between 10am to 2pm.
- Please note sites open at 10am. Bottlenecks and traffic can form on the road into the HWRC if arriving before the site opens. Please note, you may be asked to move on if queuing occurs on the highway.
- Try to avoid school and bank holidays.
- Pre-sort your waste to save time when you get here.