Young people are being invited to take part on courses which have been organised by Northamptonshire County Council to improve their driving skills.
The courses, Car Kraft and Drive 16, both take place at the Porsche test track which is based at the Silverstone Circuit.
Car Kraft is for 17 to 24-year-olds who want to improve their driving and acquire more skills while Drive 16 allows 16-year olds, who cannot legally drive, the opportunity to get behind the wheel for the first time in a safe environment.
The three and-a-half-hour long courses take place on Sunday, September 18 and are comprised of three individual sessions covering a number of aspects of road safety.
Cllr Andre Gonzalez De Savage, county council cabinet member for infrastructure and public protection said: “I’m delighted that we are able to offer these courses to young people as it is very important that they are equipped with the skills essential to drive safely.
“Even with the greatly reduced budget which we have at our disposal we are committed to improving road safety and I believe courses such as these can play a major part in this.”
The Car Kraft course costs £49, or £99 for people who live outside of the county, and includes:
- Driving on the Porsche test track in a variety of simulated weather conditions
- An on-road assessment with a police advanced driver
- Safety workshop, examining contributory factors in road traffic collisions
The Drive 16 course costs £25, or £49 for people who live outside of the county, and includes:
- A driving lesson with an instructor in a dual control car
- Advice on how to pass a driving test and how to run a car
- Advice on staying safe on the roads
- Free DVD – offering advice on how to prepare for a driving test
Both courses also offer a voucher worth £50 off car insurance with the Adrian Flux car insurance firm.
For more information on the courses, please visit www.carkraft.info or call Julie on 01604 364406 or Kerry on 01604 364435.