Northamptonshire County Council today (Tuesday 9 December) launched a consultation on its draft budget for the coming year.
Over the next six weeks, there will be a number of ways for people to have their say on both the draft budget and the council plan which sets out the council’s priorities for the next five years.
Councillor Bill Parker, cabinet member for finance said: “A significant number of these proposals have been consulted upon already either as part of previous budgets or other policy developments, and would be expected to be implemented in line with the previously approved budgets unless they had been amended.
“Further consultation will then take place as the plans are implemented. This means where there are specific proposals for service areas, they will be the subject of separate detailed consultations as the proposals are developed and refined."
The consultation runs until Tuesday 20 January. The final budget is due to be discussed by a meeting of Full Council on the 19 February 2014.
Ways for members of the public to have a say include:
The draft budget will be examined as part of the council's scrutiny process. This involves councillors reviewing the draft budget proposals, looking at their aims and how delivering them may affect council services.
The budget scrutiny meetings take place on:
- Wednesday 17th December 2014 at 2.30pm in the Council Chamber at County Hall when people can give their views about which budget proposals councillors should select for scrutiny.
- Monday 5 January at 10.00am in the Blue Room at County Hall. This meeting will focus on environment, development and transport issues.
- Tuesday 6 January at 11.00am in the Blue Room at County Hall. This meeting will focus on public health, wellbeing and community services issues.
- Wednesday 7 January at 11.30am in the Blue Room at County Hall. This meeting will focus on adult social care issues.
- Wednesday 7 January at 1.30pm in the Blue Room at County Hall. This meeting will focus on children’s social care and education issues.
Anyone wishing to attend is asked to notify the council in advance by emailing JEdmunds@northamptonshire.gov.uk