Families are being invited to come along to one of the special events taking place in Northamptonshire libraries next week to mark National Bookstart Week (8th June - 14th June).
Bookstart is a nationwide reading programme that aims to encourage parents and carers to read with their children every day; something that is supported by Northamptonshire libraries' own Take 10 campaign, which invites parents to pledge to spend 10 minutes every day reading with their child.
This year will see jungle-themed events taking place across the country and Northamptonshire libraries will be holding a series of family activity sessions.
Every child who attends an event will receive a copy of Giles Andreae’s picture book Rumble in the Jungle.
Events at Northamptonshire libraries include:
- Northamptonshire Central Library, Tuesday 9th June between 9.30am and 12pm – jungle-themed baby bounce and rhyme session
- Duston Library, Friday 12th June at 10am – lion mask making
- Hunsbury Library, Wednesday 10th June at 2pm – Bookstart games session
- Moulton Library, Friday 12th June between 1pm and 3pm – explore our jungle den
- Corby Library, Friday 12th June at 10am – jungle crafts
Burton Latimer Library, Friday 12th June at 11am – elephant mask making
- Far Cotton Library, Wednesday 10th June at 11am – jungle party and teddy bears’ picnic
- Earls Barton Library, Wednesday 10th June at 2.30pm – jungle mask making
For details of all National Bookstart Week events at Northamptonshire libraries, visit www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/libraryservice.