A range of family-friendly events will take place at country parks across Northamptonshire this Easter.
Children can take part in Easter egg hunts, search for springtime wildlife or cheer on their competitor in a duck race at one of the following events on offer over the coming weeks.
Barnwell Country Park
- Monday 30th March to Monday 13th April – Easter trail - £1.50 per trail sheet from the Kingfisher cafe.
- Sunday 5th and Monday 6th April – Giant egg hunt – Collect a free treasure map from the Kingfisher Cafe to help you find one of the coloured pebbles around the park and exchange it for a prize.
Brixworth Country Park
- Monday 30th March to Monday 13th April – Springtime Wildlife – Learn about springtime wildlife by following our trail map, £1.50 each.
- Wednesday 1st and 8th April, 11am, 12.30pm and 2pm – Underwater World – Join our ranger for one of the pond-dipping sessions to discover what lurks beneath the surface, £2 per family. Booking recommended
- Friday 3rd and 10th April, 11am, 12.30pm and 2pm – Bugs About – Mini Beast Safari, search for monstrous minibeasts around the park. £2 per child. Booking recommended.
- Saturday 11th April - Naturally Playful – Make a nest, build a den or try snail racing, £1 per child.
Fermyn Woods Country Park
- Saturday 28th March to Sunday 12th April – Easter egg quiz – Test your wildlife knowledge as you hunt for wooden Easter eggs hidden around the park, £2 per quiz sheet from the Skylark cafe.
- Monday 6th April – Easter Monday fun day – Easter egg quiz plus Chicken Chuckin’ with rubber chickens.
Irchester Country Park
- Saturday 28th March to Monday 13th April – Easter trail – £2 per self-led trail sheet.
- Friday 3rd April – Easter fun day – Guess the golden egg, Chicken Chuckin’ and arts and crafts, all taking place on the Royal Meadow.
Sywell Country Park
- Sunday 5th April – Duck race – Sponsor a duck for £1 and the fastest duck to the bottom of the Byewash channel wins a prize.
For more information about these events and other forthcoming activities, visit www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/parks.