Taxi and minibus drivers who are interested in Home to School Transport contracts with Northamptonshire County Council can go along to an information roadshow this month.
The council is about to establish a new ‘transport framework’ which is an approved list of drivers and businesses contracted by the council to complete journeys.
Once the framework list is established, other firms and drivers are unable to join the register until it is renewed.
Having been established in June 2013, the current transport framework is due to expire in June this year.
Cllr Michael Clarke, county council cabinet member for transport, highways and environment, said: “We want to invite operators and drivers to come and meet us and talk to us about the opportunities available.
“The roadshow is so people can understand the extent of our provision, our pride in the service and to ensure our priority of customer safety is achieved in every journey we make.”
Where will the events take place?
- Wednesday 10 February at County Hall, George Row, Northampton (10:30am to 2:00pm)
- Monday 15 February in Wellingborough, (10:30am to 2:00pm)
- Tuesday 16 February in Kettering (10:30am to 2:00pm)
- Wednesday 17 February in Thrapston (10:30am to 2:00pm)
- Thursday 18 February in Norton near Daventry (12:30pm to 2:00pm)
Operatives can register by calling 01604 364435 or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org (operatives will need to include their preferred date, location, name and what company they represent).