People are being invited to have their say on the second phase of proposals announced in Northamptonshire County Council’s draft budget for 2018/19.
The phase 2 proposals include a council tax increase of 4.98%, including the 3% social care precept, and savings totalling £24.7m as the authority looks to manage unprecedented demand for services and significant reductions in government funding.
The draft budget was approved by the Cabinet yesterday (Tuesday) and is now subject to public consultation, in which members of the public and other stakeholders can give their feedback.
People can take part in the consultation in the following ways:
- Completing the online survey at www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/draftbudget
- Emailing email@example.com
- Writing to Draft Budget And Council Plan Consultation, Northamptonshire County Council, One Angel Square, Northampton, NN1 1ED
- Using social media: Tweeting @mycountycouncil or posting comments on the county council Facebook page www.facebook.com/mycountycouncil
- Signing or submitting a petition or e-petition
- Customer and user groups will also be able to hold their own discussions by using the information available on the draft budget and council plan consultation webpage and sending back the feedback form
There will also be a series of public events taking place where people can speak to members and officers from the county council and take part in the consultation.
These events are:
- Thursday 4th January, 4pm to 7.30pm – Daventry Library, North Street
- Saturday 6th January, 1pm to 4.30pm – Northampton Central Library, Abington Street
- Tuesday 9th January, 4pm to 7.30pm – Drovers Hall, London Road, Kettering
- Wednesday 10th January, 4pm to 7.30pm – Ashgrove Day Centre, Foskett Close, Rushden
The consultation will end on 30th January 2018.