Northamptonshire Safeguarding Adults Board (NSAB)
Northamptonshire Safeguarding Adults Board provides the strategic leadership for all safeguarding work across the county and its activities are funded via three statutory partner agencies - Northamptonshire County Council, Northamptonshire Police and NHS Nene and Corby Clinical Commissioning Groups. For more information visit the NSAB website.
Mouth care matters
Free online training and resources in relation to improving oral health. For more information visit the Mouth Care Matters website.
Free training: Using Technology for Quality Care
Free online continence care training
- In order to help promote best practice in continence care you can sign up for Continence Care training (please be aware that you can't create an account when using Internet Explorer 11 or older).
Association for Real Change and Social Care Institute for Excellence
The Association for Real Change and Social Care Institute for Excellence has created guidance on money management for support staff and their managers who work with people who may lack capacity to manage some aspects of their own money.
Skills for Care
- Skills for Care update July 19 (PDF 563KB)
- New Skills for Care online guide: 'Developing new managers and deputies'.
With 10,000 registered managers due to retire in the next 15 years, succession planning is key to ensuring that your service continues to provide well-led, consistent quality care, both today and in the future. Skills for Care have produced a new online guide 'Developing new managers and deputies' which supports social care employers to develop the next generation of managers.
Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman
Care Quality Commission
Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- A care home operator has been fined £270,000 after a resident died from complications after eating chlorine tablets -
read more on the Health and Safety Executive website.
Health care provider fined £300,000 - Some of the company’s main failings, found by the HSE, were:
- Failure to carry out a suitable and sufficient risk assessment relating to the presence of ligature points and ligatures on upper court.
- Failure to identify the control measures necessary to reduce ligature risks, so far as is reasonably practicable.