Spire Homes' primary aim is to support home owners and private tenants to remain living safely, independently and securely. This includes adaptations, aids, home repairs, energy efficiency measures, support with accessing alternative housing and signposting to other services to ensure each individual's overall wellbeing.
Case work support
Care and Repair’s Healthy Homes Service provides information, advice and support to enable you to maintain your independence and live safely and well in your home.
Our Case Work Service includes:
Technical officers are skilled at designing schemes, working in partnership with occupational therapy, to meet a client’s medical needs which will enable them to live safely at home. This work ranges from level access showers, ramps and basic repairs to 2 storey extensions. Our technical officers are also skilled at identifying repairs issues. The provision of technical works includes:
- survey and design of a suitable adaption scheme
- provision of drawings using draft site software and a detailed specification
- tendering to contractors off our approved list
- submission of applications for building regulation and planning permission and monitoring compliance with CDM Regulations 2015
- monitoring the work of contractors on site, which includes administrating contracts through to practical completion ensuring that work is carried out to a high standard and any defects rectified
Adapt (private design service)
Care and Repair offer a private design service called ‘Adapt’ to customers over 50 who may not qualify for a grant but wish to pay privately to use the service. They offer different levels of support at different costs depending on the individual’s requirements; for example, you may wish to use the service for the survey and drawing for a scheme only or you may wish to also monitor the works on site.
They also have a supply of warm homes packs consisting of a blanket, thermal socks, hot water bottle, hat, gloves, thermal mug etc. and a slips, trips and falls pack consisting of a non-slip mat, shoe horn, automatic night security light and a PIR Led light for customers in need.
As a Care and Repair agency they are also able to apply to the Foundations Independent Living Trust Fund for funding to help individuals with heating repairs, etc.
How to access Spire Homes Care and Repair
To find out more about the services, visit the
Spire Homes Care and Repair website.