Care and repair services are home improvement agencies across Northamptonshire. They offer information, advice and practical support to enable you to remain living safely and independently in your own home for as long as you choose.
Services include assisting you to improve, repair or adapt your home or providing you with information and support to enable you to move to more suitable accommodation.
Care and Repair services are available to those vulnerable through age or disability or long term illness.
Care and Repair Northamptonshire
Care and Repair Northamptonshire is an independent charitable home improvement agency which has provided support to vulnerable householders across Northamptonshire for 30 years. It carries out a comprehensive range of home support measures and repairs aimed at keeping vulnerable people and those who care for them safe, warm and secure at home, regardless of tenure of property.
Works are carried out using its own in-house team of technicians who are DBS checked, wear uniform, carry ID and drive company vans.
They provide a handyperson service across Northamptonshire for carers and people they care for (regardless of property ownership) which include assessment, advice, supply and equipment fitting, and carrying out measures to help people remain safe, warm, secure and independent in their homes.
Traditional handyperson service
- Small repairs and home improvements (e.g. fitting of keysafes, curtain tracks, blinds, flat pack furniture assembly, shelving, cat flaps).
Minor adaptations and falls prevention
- Including grab rails, stair rails and half steps.
- Door chains and mirrors, locks, door viewers, wireless intercoms, security grilles, shock alarms, security lighting, mail-safe boxes, window locks and restrictors.
Ramping and handrail systems
Electrics, plumbing and carpentry works
- Including taps and showers.
Gardening, fencing, gating and minor landscaping
House and garden clearance and disposal
Child home safety works for families in need
- Including supply and fitting of stair gates, fireguards, cupboard locks, window restrictors, blind cord winders.
- Bespoke works for specialist needs.
Home warmth measures
- Including draught exclusion to doors and windows, letterbox brush seals, radiator reflector panels, secondary glazing.
Home safety and support service
- Essential safety measures for the home including smoke alarms, carbon monoxide detectors and electrical safety.
Gas Safe Service
- Including gas safety checks, gas servicing, gas boiler repairs, gas cookers and fires, gas meters and pipework and water heaters.
- disability or long term illness
- vulnerable families
- those on low incomes/living in Hardship
- those living in fear of crime
- other disadvantaged
- all ages
Care and Repair Northamptonshire can also help if you are considering
major adaptations or equipment needs.
Subject to charitable funding availability and eligibility, Care and Repair is able to offer subsidised or free services. Care and Repair has longstanding excellent feedback with NCC Trading Standards Buy with Confidence Scheme and holds the government endorsed TrustMark accreditation for handyman services.
Care and Repair Northamptonshire is a registered society under the Co-operative & Community Benefit Societies Act 2014, 25783R.
How to access Care and Repair NorthamptonshireVisit the Care and Repair Northamptonshire website