Whether you want to know more about your house, your village or a local industry, the collections held at Northamptonshire Archives are full of fascinating details and information.
Our trained staff can help you navigate the catalogues and can give you new ideas about where to look to maximise the time you spend.
Not all documents survive for every location, but the kinds of records that we hold that you may consult include:
- Directories and records from local businesses
- Extensive records of the Northamptonshire shoe and boot industry
- Maps going back as far as the 16th century
- Records from family estates including Althorp
- Personal letters and accounts from a broad range of people and organisations
- Local council minutes