We can help if you are applying for British citizenship.
You can use our optional nationality checking service before you apply for citizenship once you have:
- met the criteria set by UK Visas and Immigration for British Nationality
- passed the Life in the UK Test and
- have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher or an equivalent level or
- have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Master's degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and
- (i) UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English or
- (ii) the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country other than Canada or
- are a national of a majority English speaking country
- completed the application form
For further advice and guidance on how to become a UK citizen, please visit
GOV.UK - becoming a British citizen.
Benefits of the service
- We check your application is correct, this means it is accepted first time.
- We copy your document, certify them and send them with your application, this means you can keep your originals
- We send everything by secure post direct to UK Visas and Immigration
How to book an appointment
contact Northamptonshire Registration Service between 8:00am and 6:00pm Monday to Friday to make an appointment.
When booking your appointment you will need to pay a non-refundable deposit by credit or debit card (see fees page for deposit and full fee amounts).
Life in the UK Test
If you are a member of our Library Service, you can access the Go Citizen resource to help you prepare for the Life in the UK Test:
European Passport Return Service
For more information about this new service, including where it is available and who can use it, please visit European Passport Return Service