Deafconnect is an organisation empowering all Deaf, deafened, hard of hearing and Deafblind people to achieve their full potential and become fully included members of the community.
You can contact Deafconnect by Facetime and Skype as well, but you must book an appointment.
Children and Families Service
Deafconnect children and families service is a confidential service available to all deaf and hard of hearing children and their families in Northamptonshire. The service covers from birth to the age of 18.
The children and families service provides the following:
• Activities for deaf children with siblings during school holidays
• Family signing
• Advocacy, support and information
• Junior Youth Club (for children aged 4 to 10 years), held twice a month on Fridays at 4pm-6pm at the Spencer Dallington Community Centre.
• Senior Youth Club (for young people aged 11 to 18 years), held twice a month on Fridays at 6pm-8pm at the Spencer Dallington Community Centre.
There is a small charge of £2.00 per person.
The Adult Services team offers a specialist, confidential and dedicated service for all deaf, hard of hearing and deafblind adults from aged 18 upwards across Northamptonshire.
There is a "drop in" service on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday at the Spencer Dallington Centre.
The adult service provides the following:
• Information, advice, support and advocacy
• Support deaf people into work and training - Deafconnect run full and supportive training sessions every Monday to support Deaf and Hard of hearing people to be ready for work.
• Equipment - Deafconnect is able to advise Deaf and hard of hearing people their family, friends and carers about the equipment available.
• Groups - 50+ BSL group and tinnitus group
•  : Personal Assistants
Social Care Support
This is a service for people of all ages throughout Northamptonshire who are hearing impaired, deaf, deafened and hard of hearing providing support across a range of needs, and through individual and group-based work, and community activity.
• BSL Courses
• Family Sign Language
• Deaf awareness
Interpreting and communication support services include:
• British Sign Language (BSL)
• Sign Supported English (SSE)
• Deafblind Interpreters