Nene Valley Community Action offer a wide range of services.
• Support (infrastructure) services
- Available for all Voluntary and Community Sector (VCS) groups in the Borough of Wellingborough. Support includes providing volunteers, training, resources, information about funding and meetings.
• Carers support (Needs and aspirations project) - for unpaid carers, aged over 18. Download the "Caring for Carers" newsletter
from their website. The newsletter contains a schedule of activities designed to give respite to carers including group walks, afternoon teas, health and beauty days, workshops, exercise classes, day trips and more. The newsletter also has details of regular wellbeing workshops and meetings to help you cope with the additional responsibilities caring brings, as well as details about the Carers Assessment you are entitled to.
• The School of Life
- An intergenerational programme, delivering a set of exciting opportunities across areas of Northamptonshire which will bring together older and younger people. Activities can include one-off sessions, longer four to six week programmes, or one off celebratory events. This project is a unique and fantastic opportunity which celebrates the skills, knowledge and experience of all generations by engaging them with a wide range of activities together.
• Befriending scheme
- A project called #Homealone which aims to support older isolated people by providing them with a volunteer supporter who will visit them regularly and provide companionship.