Type of service:
Leeds Innovation Centre, 103 Clarendon Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire LS2 9DF
Communication Matters is committed to supporting people who find communication difficult because they have little or no clear speech.
You will find information on their website about methods of communication that can be used to supplement the more usual methods of speech and writing. These methods are called Augmentative and Alternative Communication, or AAC for short.
Communication Matters is a UK wide organisation and helps people of all ages and ability who need to use AAC.
• Lobbying, Service Delivery & National Standards - to ensure AAC services and equipment are supported in the new NHS reforms.
• Research - Communication Matters is leading a groundbreaking research project to gather evidence about the need and provision of AAC
• Communication Matters National Conference
• Roadshows - Learn about the latest communication aids, AAC software, symbol systems and related products.
• Resources - an e-Library for leaflets about AAC, past issues of the Communication Matters Journal and other publications; find your nearest AAC Assessment Service; get details of suppliers of AAC products.
• AAC Discussion Forum & E-News - Post a question to hundreds of members in the AAC Forum for help and advice; subscribe to the E-News delivered monthly by email.
See the website for more information.
Contact provider for cost details
- Open to everyone
- SEND descriptors
- Contact service direct
- No referral needed
Last updated on: