Children's centres in Northamptonshire offer information, advice, and activities to targeted families of children and young people 01-9 years of age.
Health services, such as ante-natal support and post-natal support (from midwives). Health visitors can also be accessed in children's centres through a booked appointment.
Extra Help for Families
You may also be able to take advantage of a range of services including:
• Confidence building
• Domestic abuse and perpetrator programmes
• Sleep solutions
• Access to sensory room – bookable
• Autism support group - TBC
• One-to-one family support
If you think you might benefit from these ‘extra help’ services, please speak to your health visitor, midwife, family support worker, or social worker.
Dedicated SEND Support
Monday-Friday, 9am-3.30 pm (Bookable 30min slots) Wednesdays 12.30 to 3.30 pm
- please contact the children's centre for more details.
1st Monday of month – invite only.
Twice a month Friday 9-12 and 1-4 invite only, 12-1 consists of three 20 minute ‘drop-in’s (parent needs to ring to arrange one of these times
Specialist Support Service (SSS)
1st Tues every month, appointments only via SSS
Rowan Gate School
holiday activities - details from school
Sensory Impairment Group
Monthly session Thursdays 1-3pm
• Midwifes Wednesday 12.30 to 4.00pm
• Health Visitor Drop-In weighing clinic
2nd & 4th Monday every month 1.30-3pm
• Health Visitor Development checks - appointment only