The National Autistic Society (NAS) is the leading UK charity for people with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and their families. In addition to their helplines, online resources, and campaigns, NAS offer a range of adult and children's services at a local level. These include:
• The National Autistic Society Centre, Northamptonshire: Based in Irthlingborough, the centre is for adults (aged 18+) with a diagnosis of ASD.
• Northamptonshire Education Outreach Service: Based at the Irthlingborough Centre, the service provides specialist tutoring to school-aged pupils with a diagnosis of ASD who have difficulty accessing their current education provision. Pupils should be referred to the service by their school or another professional. Contact Claire Burton on 07881 944584 or email Claire.Burton@nas.org.uk.
• Northamptonshire One-to-One Support: The outreach service meets the day-to-day needs of local people (aged 16+) with a diagnosis of ASD, using person-centred approaches such as TEACCH and PECs.
• Northamptonshire Residential Homes: NAS offers specialist residential support in Wellingborough for adults with a diagnosis of ASD. Gillitts Road is a mixed home for people aged 18+. Heath Rise is a mixed home for people aged 18-40.
• Northamptonshire Support at Work: Provides flexible, bespoke support for adults (aged 18+) with a diagnosis of ASD who are in (or are looking for) employment.
• Northamptonshire Support in Further and Higher Education: NAS work alongside Northampton College and the University of Northampton to support students with ASD. The service is funded by the Disability Student Allowance (DSA).
This provider has been awarded a local authority contract to provide services for adults with learning disabilities.