Beautiful lakes, meadows, and riverside walks in the heart of the Nene Valley - near to the historic market town of Oundle.
Barnwell Country Park is very accessible - making it popular with people with disabilities, elderly people and people with young children. It boasts free Wi-Fi, 3 way-marked waterside trails, numerous picnic spots, a large play area for all ages, a hobbit house for younger children, and a wealth of wildlife and facilities.
There are well maintained surfaced paths and plenty of seating.
Blue badge holder parking is available situated near to accessible toilets. Pay and display charges apply.
Toilets (including disabled facilities)
open 8.30am-6pm daily
£3 daily (12 hours). Annual parking permits available.
Blue badge holder parking areas situated near to accessible toilets (pay and display charges apply).
Motor-homes may pay and display during day time, no overnight parking allowed.
- Weds to Friday 10 am to 4.00 pm and until 5.00 pm on Saturdays and Sundays
Visitor Centre / Information Point
Open 10am-4pm daily and free to enter, the centre has a range of free activity sheets for the children as well as skulls, "feely" boxes and nature games.
Events CalendarCountry Park’s events calendar
- Fishing on North and Mill lakes day ticket: £5.00
- Concession day ticket for 12 to 16 year olds, senior citizens and Blue Badge holders: £3.00.
- A season ticket is also available.
- This is a good venue for Disabled Anglers with two wheelchair accessible areas on Mill Lake and three on North Lake.
Bring your toddler to the park and join a Ranger led nature walk followed by a craft session. Sessions are once a month during term time. Booking is essential, call 07703160878 to book your place.
Please contact Barnwell Country Park directly if you have any important or specific queries about their facilities.