Set in the heart of beautiful rural Northamptonshire, Brixworth Country Park is a national showpiece for an accessible countryside. This park offers great possibilities if you want to picnic, walk, push or cycle in woodland, meadow and stunning reservoir surroundings. It also has its own cycle shop (with cycle hire) – please call 01604 881777.
Northamptonshire County Council aim to ensure that everyone , irrespective of their age, ability, or background feels welcome in their country parks, and has an equal opportunity to discover, enjoy and benefit from them.
Sailing sessions for people with disabilities are available (May to September). Please contact Sailability on 01604 465590 for information.
Available for Hire:
- A wheelchair bike, which has a disabled-seat at the front, and an operator-seat at the back
- A Tramper - electric off-road scooter
- Two mobility scooters (electric on-road scooters)
Advance-booking is strongly recommended – call 0300 126 5932.
Regular bus service stops on the A508 roundabout, approx half a mile from the park entrance.Birdwatching (01604 781350)Café (01604 889343) - open 10am-5pm (Mon-Fri), 10am-5.30pm (Sat-Sun)Events calendarFishing (01604 781350)Visitor Information Booth - open 10am-4pm (Mon - Sun)Nature Tots - Bring your toddler to the park and join a Ranger led nature walk followed by a craft session. Sessions are once a month during term time. Booking is essential, call 07703 160878 to book your place.
- Toilets (including fully-accessible 'Changing Places' toilet) open 7am-7pm daily
- Parking £3.00 daily. Annual parking permits available.
- Blue badge holder parking areas situated near to accessible toilets (pay and display charges apply).
- Motor-homes may pay and display during day time. No overnight parking allowed.
Please contact Brixworth Country Park directly if you have any queries about their facilities.