"Northamptonshire Music and Performing Arts Trust offers classes and activities for both groups and individuals in music and the performing arts.
Targeted and Specialist Services include:
A weekly group held on Wednesdays at the Kettering Road Centre from 5.00 to 6.00 pm term-time only for children with special educational needs and disabilities.
A Saturday group for children and young people with additional needs and disabilities that meet each week to create a fun and relaxed environment for all the students and the staff to participate in music, dance and drama, culminating in an end of year performance.
This groups meets once a month at the Kettering Centre and welcomes all the family for a relaxed sing-along session.
Universal services include:
- Instrumental and vocal lessons in school - speak to your child's school for the local options available.
- Individual music lessons
- Saturday Music Centres
- Specialist classes and workshops
- NMPAT Contemporary Rock Schools at the Nene Valley Centre, Guilsborough Arts Centre, Ferrers Art Centre, and the Daventry Arts Centre
- County Music Groups( Please note these groups are audition selection only)
Full details of these programmes are available on the website.
The majority of activities can be suitably tailored for children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities, learning and communication disorders etc. However, it is recognised that there is a wide variety of different needs within this group, in all cases it is strongly recommended that parents/carers and service providers get in contact first by telephone or email so they can discuss things in more detail. Usually, NMPAT are able to signpost you onto a suitable music or performing arts activity in your local area.
Musical Inclusion Programme
NMPAT also run a Musical Inclusion Programme that works with local service providers and third sector organisations in Northamptonshire. The programme offers music activities to children and young people living in challenging circumstances including those with special education needs and disabilities. Some of the activities run through the programme include:
- Creative group music-making
- Song-writing and composition
- Music technology including DJ-ing, Music Production and Studio Recording Techniques
- African drumming
- Indonesian Gamelan
- Relaxed singalong sessions open to all the family
- Supporting individuals move on to our other music activities (e.g. a Saturday morning music centre) or those provided by our partners in the Music Education Hub
NMPAT is a registered charity (no. 1145643).