The Special School nursing team offer integrated services meetings within the 14 special schools in Northamptonshire allowing communication, identification and planning for health needs and referrals onto specialist services when required.
They can provide:
- growth screening,
- advice for parents/carers,
- multidisciplinary meetings,
- drop in service for secondary school young people,
- reception screening,
- continence assessment,
- transition planning and support,
- care planning,
- risk assessments.
- Immunisations : Flu (for both children and staff)
- HPV (boys and girls),
- DTP, MMR, Men ACWY.
- EHCP health assessments for all children in special school setting
- Short term interventions for social emotional and mental health wellbeing
- Training (through annual updates and competencies for identified health needs of young people to ensure access to education).