This is the Children & Young People’s ADHD & ASD service for secondary school aged children across Northamptonshire and all children from the north of Northamptonshire.
This team of highly-skilled professionals includes:
- Specialist Nurses
They strive to improve the quality of life of our service users and families in a number of ways. They offer detailed diagnostic assessments for:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Post diagnosis psycho-education for children, young people and their families
- Some specific parent based interventions during the assessment process if appropriate
- Medication management for children diagnosed with ADHD
- Consultation, advice and training for professionals
The service accepts referrals via the Children and Young People’s Referral Management Centre (RMC). Referrals can be made by any professional who is working with a child, young person, and their families. Completed referrals must include both the school part (Word 172KB) and the parent part (Word 160KB). These forms must be completed electronically - do not scan and upload forms that have been completed by hand.
In some cases (such as if a child or young person is home-schooled), we would advise you contact a relevant professional (such as a GP or social worker) who may contact the service to book a consultation slot to discuss referral.
Please note: referrals for primary school aged children from the south of the county will go via the Referral Management Centre (RMC) to the paediatricians at Northampton General Hospital (NGH). Pre-school age children will also go to via RMC to be seen by Community Paediatricians.