This is the Children & Young People’s ADHD & ASD service for secondary school aged children across Northamptonshire and primary school aged children from the north of Northamptonshire.
This is a team of highly skilled professionals including;
- Specialist Nurses
They strive to improve the quality of life of our service users and families in a number of ways:
Detailed diagnostic assessments for:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Post diagnosis psycho-education for children, young people and their families.
- Some specific parent based interventions during the assessment process if appropriate.
- Medication management for children diagnosed with ADHD.
- Consultation, advice and training for professionals.
Please note that referrals for primary school aged children from the south of the county will go to the Referral Management Centre (RMC) to the paediatricians at Northampton General Hospital (NGH). Pre-school age children will also go to the RMC to be seen by Community Paediatricians.
Referrals are made to the service by schools via the RMC using the Referral Pack
Referrals are not accepted without the packs being fully completed by the school and parents.
In some cases such as if a child or young person is home schooled we would advise a relevant professional (i.e: school nurse, GP, social worker) contact the service to book a consultation slot to discuss referral.