Type of service:
Lark Rise, Loughborough, Leicestershire LE11 2HS
The Rainbows Hospice supports children, young people, and families when a child or young person has a life-limiting condition.
It serves Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire, Derbyshire, and Rutland. It is also commissioned to serve families in north Northamptonshire.
The hospice has 14 bedrooms, family rooms, beautiful gardens, and other facilities such as a state-of-the-art hydrotherapy pool, a multi-sensory room, a soft-play room, and a cinema.
The Rainbows care team is made up of children’s nurses, general and learning disability nurses, nursery nurses, care assistants, therapists, GPs, administrative support, chefs, and housekeeping staff. Specialist palliative care medical support is provided by their team of doctors and their Clinical Nurse Specialist.
The Rainbows Hospice aims to meet all the physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of children, young people, and their families. It provides the following services:
• Advisory support to families and professionals
• Complementary therapies (e.g. massage and aromatherapy)
• Contact, or key worker support
• Cultural Link work
• Day care
• Emergency care
• End-of-life care
• Enjoyable activities for the siblings of children being cared for
• Family support
• Group work (bereavement, muscular dystrophy, Asian mums, etc.)
• Help with symptom control and palliative care
• Highly specialised clinical care
• Pre- and post-bereavement support for all family members
• Pre-school family fun days
• Residential short breaks
• Social activities
• Spiritual support
• Telephone support
• Youth work
- Age - Early Years (0-5)
- Age - School (5-18)
- Age - Adulthood (18-25)
Last updated on: