Type of service:
81 St Giles Street, Northampton, NN1 1JF
CAN Young Peoples Team is a free, confidential drug and alcohol service for young people under the age of 18 and their families/carers in Northamptonshire. CAN YP Team aim to provide information, education, advice and treatment to young people in relation to drug and alcohol misuse. They also offer a free and confidential service for young people who are at risk of Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) and offer support to parents whose young person is at risk of CSE.
The service includes:
• Brief advice and information regarding substances
• Comprehensive assessment and care planned interventions for young people who are experiencing problematic substance misuse or where substance misuse is causing issues either at home, school or work.
• 1:1 interventions supporting young people to achieve their goals and reduce risk.
• Structured group work for targeted groups of young people.
• Support for young people who need prescribing as well as for young people who may need Alcohol detox
Who can access can YP team?
• A young person who is using but would like to reduce the harm caused
• A young person who would like to reduce their drug use or stop
• A young person who needs an opiate substitute prescription (methadone, subutex)
• A young person who needs support into inpatient detox for alcohol dependency
• A young person who is at risk of CSE but who does not meet the threshold for RISE.
• A parent whose young person is at risk of CSE and would like some additional support.
They accept referrals from professionals and families as well as self referrals. Young people must consent to a referral.
10 years - 18 years
- Agency referral
- Self referral
Last updated on: