NGAGE is the Early Intervention Substance Misuse Service for young people in Northamptonshire.
NGAGE is a free and confidential service providing information, education, advice and treatment to young people in relation to drug and alcohol use.
NGAGE has a youth participation worker promoting the voice of young people in the design and delivery of the service, running our youth group Evolve which offers positive activities and opportunities for young people to get involved.
The service includes:
- Brief advice and information regarding substances
- Comprehensive assessment and care plan interventions for young people who are experiencing problematic substance misuse or where substance misuse is causing issues either at home, school or work
- 1:1 interventions supporting young people to achieve their goals and reduce risk
- Empowering young people to achieve their goals, and enable them to access positive activities, training and peer mentors.
- Evolve Youth Group
- Structured group work for targeted groups of young people
- Volunteering and training opportunities for young people we support who want to be more actively involved through our Evolve Youth Group
- Training to professionals working with young people to understand issues and trends in drug use, look at screening tools and how to engage young people in discussions around drug and alcohol use
Professionals referring young people to the service must have their consent.