Type of service:
Farmbrook Court, Northampton, Northamptonshire NN3 8UW
The John Greenwood Shipman Centre is a specialist short breaks (respite care) service for children with disabilities. It can accommodate ten children (of any gender) aged 0-18 years.
The building is separated into two areas - a 4-bedded unit for children with complex behavioural needs and a 6-bedded unit for children with disabilities. There are two more beds for emergency admissions.
The unit has a kitchen, a lounge, dining areas and staff sleeping-in facilities. It also has a sensory room, a soft play area, an outside covered play area, an enclosed rear garden, a computer suite, adapted bathrooms and en-suites, and two minibuses.
Short breaks do not usually exceed more than 4 overnights in any one stay.
• Children / young people from the age of 0, up to the age of 18 years
• Children / young people from Northamptonshire
• Children / young people who need a specialist environment
• Children / young people with a dual diagnosis, such as autism (ASD) and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
• Children / young people with physical disabilities and a related severe (or multiple) learning disability
• Children / young people with severe learning disabilities and (related) complex behaviours
For more information please call the Northamptonshire County Council referral team on 0300 126 1000.
- Age - Early Years (0-5)
- Age - School (5-18)
- Any Gender
- Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)
Last updated on: