Become a tutor for us
If you have a passion for your subject and want to share it with others, working for Northamptonshire Adult Learning as a part time tutor can be very rewarding.
As well as our annual advert we are interested in hearing from people with specific subject experience throughout the academic year as vacancies do arise at short notice.
We are looking for people who can inspire and motivate their learners, preferably with a teaching qualification and experience, but this is not always necessary as we can provide training and support.
We aim to offer a wide range of subjects across the whole of Northamptonshire. Our requirements throughout the year can change due to tutors leaving and public demand.
- You thrive on the success of others.
- You will hold relevant professional qualifications.
- You will have expertise in your subject area.
- You are committed to providing an excellent learning experience.
- You may have experience of teaching adults but this is not essential as training can be provided.
We will provide you with
- Appropriate training throughout the year, including the Level 3 Award in Education and Training.
- A competitive hourly rate including holiday pay.
- A professional and experienced curriculum co-ordinator to support you.
How to apply
If you think you have the skills we need please email
email@example.com with the following details:
- Detailing your subject area
- Where you would be happy to deliver courses within Northamptonshire
- Availability – i.e. evenings, weekends
Volunteer with us
We are offering unique volunteering opportunities with the adult learning service.
Volunteering is an activity that can enhance your wellbeing and your lifestyle, and will give you the opportunity to:
- develop new skills
- meet new people
- develop new friendships
- improve your self esteem and confidence
Volunteering may also have an impact on physical and mental health as well as give you skills that you may need to help you gain paid work in the future. This is an opportunity for you to give something back to the local community whilst having fun and being a member of a varied and friendly team.
Find out more
For more information please contact Tania Sowerby by email at EmRatcliffe@northamptonshire.gov.uk or visit our
Get Involved section.