Free learning for work and community courses
- learn something new in a local community venue near you
- increase your confidence and wellbeing
- take a next step towards employability, volunteering and joining in the community
Courses are normally from a single 2 hour session (bite size) up to 10 weekly sessions of 2 hours (tasters). The sessions are for small groups of adults aged over 18, led by an accredited tutor.
Our courses are free for our learners, as we are funded by external bodies committed to creating learning opportunities for adults in our communities. You can read our Neighbourhood Learning success stories to learn about the positive benefits of attending a course.
We work closely with local organisations and welcome enquiries from community groups who may like to
work with us.
Starter courses include:
- IT for the terrified – with laptops and tablets
- confidence with email and jobsites
- cooking on a budget
- lots more
‘Core’ courses include:
- brush up your maths
- brush up your English
- build your confidence and self-esteem
- career planning
- IT towards employment: IT skills, email and job searching
- Level 2 qualifications for work
- manage your money - better
- volunteering skills
Helping you take the next step
We’ll try to help you find ways to take your new skills and enthusiasm further for more learning, volunteering and towards employment. Some of our courses can lead onto a nationally recognised AIM qualification.
Neighbourhood Learning, which is part of Northamptonshire County Council's adult learning service, offers free engagement learning courses in the community to people in the following locations:
Contact Neighbourhood Learning
We are proud to carry accreditation from: