This module will help improve the breadth of your Theraplay skill set to bring your Theraplay work to a higher skill level.
- Assessment of complex parents using case material - clinical decision making related to contraindications for Theraplay.
- Working with caregiver’s attachment history in Theraplay treatment planning, feedback sessions and progress.
- Implementation of the parent demonstration session.
- Managing resistance throughout the treatment process.
- Managing countertransference in your work with children and families.
- Role play and practice of activities.
- Describe play therapy methods for overcoming parental resistance.
- Describe factors that influence the decision of whether to include parents in play therapy treatment sessions.
- Demonstrate how to use a wider range of Theraplay activities and techniques.
- Describe how to adapt Theraplay, a modality of play therapy, to work with a wider range of populations, such as children with autism and older children.
- Describe play therapy strategies for dealing with resistant clients.
The training will include lots of practice and a wide range of video examples.