- Knowledge of how to administer the Marschak Interaction Method (MIM) including methods of recording non-verbal and verbal behaviours, making inferences and formulating hypotheses.
- Knowledge of how a MIM report is organised.
- Knowledge of how a feedback session is conducted.
- Knowledge of how the MIM is used as a guideline for planning treatment.
- Understanding of the history and theory of Theraplay.
- Increased knowledge in the interactional basis of parent-infant attachment and self-esteem.
- Skill development in the differentiation and use of the 4 Theraplay dimensions.
- Knowledge of how Theraplay is used to meet the needs of children with behaviour problems, foster and adopted children, autistic children, adolescents, and traumatised children.
- Knowledge of how parents are guided to empathically observe and participate in Theraplay sessions aimed at fostering better parent-child attachment.
- Skill development in group work.
Please note: The Theraplay Institute requires you to read chapters 1, 2 and 4 of Theraplay, third edition, prior to the training (Ann M. Jernberg, Phyllis B. Booth, available online at Amazon).