The role of the Early Help Locality Forums is to understand and respond to the specific needs of the local area, through partnership working between key stakeholders.
Partnership agencies (including the county council, schools, Children’s Centres, health, district and borough councils and the Police)
use data and local intelligence to gather a clear understanding of the profile of each area and the universal and early intervention service provision that is available.
What is the aim of the forums?
The outcomes that the forums strive to achieve are:
- Reduced levels of inappropriate referrals into the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)
- Reduce rates of escalation into
Tier 3 and Tier 4 services
- Increased rates of step down to universal and targeted services
- Clear understanding of evidence based interventions
What are the current priorities for each forum?
The current priorities of the forums are:
- Corby - Taking a generation out of crime
- Daventry - Early Help mentoring between schools
- East Northants - The promotion of Early Help
- Kettering - Tackling under-17 violence
- Northampton - Self-harm and domestic abuse
- South Northants - Domestic abuse
- Wellingborough - Tackling under-17 violence
How often do the forums meet?
Each Early Help Locality Forum meets every two months with a meeting taking place in each district and borough.
How to get in touch with us
If you have a query about the
Early Help Locality Forum or would like to attend a meeting, please get in touch with us using the e-mail below: