The Pupil Premium is additional school funding for disadvantaged children. It is paid directly to your child's school to improve the quality of their education.
Your child's school may be entitled to additional Pupil Premium funding if you receive one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Child Tax Credit Only (with income up to £16,190) with no element of Working Tax Credit
- National Asylum Seekers Support
- Guarantee Element of the State Pension Credit
- Employment and Support Allowance (income related)
- Universal Credit (income dependant)
How does my school get the Pupil Premium for my child?
Infant years: reception, year 1 and year 2
All children at this age are eligible for free school meals so you will need to apply separately for the Pupil Premium for your child's school.
Please be aware that a child must reside with the applicant to receive the Pupil Premium.
Use the online form below to apply.
Apply for the Pupil Premium
Year 3 and above
If your child is in year 3 and above, and you want to check eligibility for Pupil Premium, please use the free school meals form to apply for Pupil Premium entitlement.
The school the child is attending will automatically get a Pupil Premium amount if the child is eligible for free school meals.
Apply for free school meals (year 3 and above)