Academies and state funded schools are offered a subsidised service to support them during critical and non critical incidents and emergencies.
We encourage schools and academies to discuss your establishment's requirements with your senior team and governors to consider the level of service which is appropriate to your needs.
Levels of cover
The following levels of cover are available:
- First day response cover
- Advanced response critical incident cover
Establishments not subscribing to the advanced response critical incident level are strongly recommended to consider the issues that may need to be addressed during an emergency situation, and make suitable provision in your business continuity arrangements in the event of an incident.
First day response cover
Limited cover provides a maximum of 24 hour support from notification of the incident. It includes:
- Telephone support and consultation for up to 24 hours running concurrently from notification of the incident from the Emergency Planning Team, the Children, Families and Education Team and other central teams as required
- Up to 3 Educational Psychologists on-site per day for up to 24 hours
- Guidance booklets and other leaflets, published through the Emergency Planning Team and those brought to school by Educational Psychologists.
How much does it cost?
There is no charge for Limited critical incident cover.
Schools requiring support beyond the limited cover will incur charges for additional services at a daily rate (e.g. Educational Psychologist Service daily rate is up to £565 per day).
Advanced response critical incident cover
Advanced response critical incident cover provides support, advice and help for the duration of the incident including on site attendance. This includes:
- Security that guidance, advice and support is available to the school community for the duration of an incident
- No maximum on the number of incidents that would be supported during the year
- Telephone support and on site attendance, as required, will be provided to assist with the management of the incident by:
- The Emergency Planning Team
- The Children, Families and Education Team
- Other central teams as required
- Support from the Educational Psychology Service on an ‘as needed’ basis for the duration of the incident
- Guidance booklets and other leaflets, published through the Emergency Planning Team and those brought to school by Educational Psychologists
How much does it cost?
Advanced response critical incident cover will cost:
- For schools who took advanced response cover in the previous year,
99p per pupil; or
- For schools who didn’t take advanced response cover in the previous year,
£1.09 per pupil.
Sign up for the service level agreement
You can sign up for the service level agreement by completing the form below and emailing it to: