You will have 20 working days from receipt of the authority’s decision, to make a request to escalate the matter to appeal.
An independent appeal panel, made up of 3 members of the county council, will be convened to consider the appeal within 40 working days.
The independent appeal panel will consist of
- a county councillor,
- an assistant director or his or her representative and
- a senior transport officer
- a democratic services officer (acting as clerk)
No member of the appeal panel will have been involved in the original decision to decline transport assistance. This panel will consider verbal and written representations from both the parent and officers involved in the case.
You will be invited to attend the hearing to present your case.
The Senior Officer from Northamptonshire Highways involved in the review of the decision at Stage 1 may also be invited to attend.
You will receive a letter, detailing the outcome of the appeal hearing, which will set out the following information:
- The nature of the decision reached
- How the review was conducted
- Information about other departments and/or agencies that were consulted as part of the process
- What factors were considered
- The rationale for the decision reached
- Information about escalation to the Local Government Ombudsman
How to make a stage 2 appeal
You can request a review or an appeal using the contact details below: