Beanfield Primary School, Farmstead Road, Corby, NN18 0LJ
Oversubscription admission criteria:
Places will be allocated to pupils who have a statement of Special Education Needs (SEN) or Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan that names the school as appropriate provision. When there are more applications than there are places available, priority will be given in the following order:
- Children in public care or previously in public care but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, residence or child arrangements order or special guardianship order.
- Children with a sibling link.
- Children of staff where that member has been employed at the school for two or more years at the time at which the application for admission to the school is made, and/or the member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is demonstrable skill shortage in the area.
- Children within the area defined as Beanfield. This area encompasses all houses within the bordering area of A6003, A427, Jubilee Avenue and Gainsborough Road; including all roads leading from Tower Hill.
- Other pupils.
If the admission number is exceeded within any criteria, priority will be given to those who live closest to the school. Measurements are carried out in a straight line from the home address to the address point of the school. In the case where multiple applications for the same shared dwelling occurs (e.g. flats), a randomiser will be used to decide the priority in which the pupils within the shared dwelling are selected in the event of a tiebreaker.
The home address is defined as the address at which the child normally resides with their parent or carer. If a child lives with their separated parents for different parts of the week, the Trust will treat their home address as the place the child sleeps for the majority of the school week. If the child spends equal periods at the two addresses, the parents must agree to nominate one address to be taken as the home address.
A sibling link will arise where one of the conditions in each of A and B are satisfied.
- a brother or sister living at the same address, who shares the same parents
- a half-brother or half-sister living at the same address, where two children share one
- a step brother or step sister living at the same address, where two children are related by a parent’s marriage
- adopted or fostered children living in the same household
For the sibling link to apply, one of the siblings must be a registered pupil at the named Academy at the time of application and is expected to remain on roll at the point of admission.
Additional sibling link information
Although the definition of 'sibling' does not specify whether the sibling should be younger or older, it should be noted that the sibling link only applies to pupils with an older sibling at the named Academy at the point of application and expected to be on roll at the point of admission.