Oversubscription Criteria September 2019 entry
Places will be allocated to pupils who have an Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan that names the school as appropriate provision. When there are more applications for places than there are places available, priority will be given in the following order:
- Children in public care or previously in public care but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, child arrangements order or special guardianship order.
- Children who have a sibling attending the school at the time of admission of the child.
- Pupils who live closer to the preferred school than any other school.
- Other pupils.
If the admission number is exceeded within criterion (iii) priority will be given to those who live furthest from the nearest alternative school. If the admission number is exceeded within any other criterion priority will be given to those who live closest to the school.
Definition of siblings
- a brother or sister sharing the same parents
- a half-brother or half-sister where two children share one common parent
- a step-brother or step-sister, where two children are related by a parent’s marriage or partnership
- adopted children
A brother or sister must be living at the same address when the application is made.