Barby Church of England Primary School, Daventry Road, Barby CV23 8TR
The governors will admit all pupils with an EHC Plan which names the school. When there are more applications than there are places available, the governors will admit pupils according to the following criteria which are listed in order of priority:
- ‘Looked After Children’ and children who were previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption residence, child arrangements, or special guardianship order
- Children who live in Barby and Onley.
- Children who have an older sibling who will be continuing to attend the school at the time of admission of the younger child.
- Children, one of whose parents attended Barby C.E. Primary School, or who lived in Barby or Onley for at least 5 years since 2001.
- Other children.
If the admission number is exceeded within criterion 2, priority will be given to those who live furthest from the nearest alternative school. Within any other criterion, applications will be prioritised on the distance from the child’s home to school (priority being given to the children who live closer to the school). Distances are provided by the Local Authority and are measured on a straight-line basis using a geographical information system.
The definition of a brother or sister (sometimes referred to as a 'sibling') is:
- a brother or sister sharing the same parents
- a half-brother or half-sister, where two children share one common parent
- a step-brother or step-sister, where two children are related by a parent’s marriage or partnership. The partners must have co-habited in a permanent exclusive relationship (as if they were husband and wife or civil partners) for a minimum of 2 years
- adopted children
- a brother or sister must be living at the SAME address when the application is made