- Children in public care or previously in public care but immediately after being looked after became subject to adoption, residence/child arrangements order or special guardianship order.
- Pupils with a brother or sister continuing at the school at the time of admission of the child.
- Pupils who live in the linked area (Cottingham, Middleton, East Carlton & Rockingham).
- Other pupils.
If the admission number is exceeded within any criterion priority will be given to those who live closest to the school. Distances are measured on a straight line basis from the address point of the child’s home to the address point of the school, using a geographical information system (see page 277 for full details of how distance is measured).
Definition of the child’s home address or residence
This means the permanent residence of the child at the time of application. The address must be the child’s only or main residence that is either:
- Owned by the child’s parent, parents, carer or guardian.
- Leased to or rented by the child’s parent, parents or guardian under a lease or written rental agreement of not less than six months duration.
Definition of sibling
A brother or sister living at the same address as the applicant (i.e. within a family unit) including:
- a brother or sister sharing the same parents
- a half-brother or half-sister, where two children share one common parent
- a step-brother or step-sister, where two children are related by a parent’s marriage or partnership
- a child who has been adopted or is fostered by parents/carers who have other children