Sponne School, Brackley Road, Towcester, Northants NN12 6DJ
Following the allocation of places to pupils who have an EHC Plan which names the school as appropriate provision, when there are more applications for places than there are places available, priority will be given in the following order:
- ‘Looked after children’ or children who were previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, residence, or special guardianship order.
- Pupils who will have an older brother or sister at Sponne School during the year of application of the younger child.
- Pupils who live in the linked area associated with the school: Abthorpe, Adstone, Blakesley, Bradden, Caldecote, Easton Neston, Farthingstone, Foxley, Greens Norton, Litchborough, Maidford, Silverstone, Slapton, Tiffield, Towcester, Wappenham, Whittlebury, Wood Burcote, Woodend.
- Pupils attending the designated contributory primary schools: Blakesley, Greens Norton, Nicholas Hawksmoor, Silverstone, Tiffield, Towcester CE, Whittlebury, and continuing in attendance until the final offer of places are made.
- Children of current staff* working at the School.
- Other pupils.
If the admission number is exceeded within criterion (2), priority will be given to those who live furthest from the nearest alternative school. If the admission number is exceeded within any other criterion, priority will be given to those who live closest to the school. Distances will be measured in a straight line from door to school gate using postcodes and house numbers. The school uses a GIS via OS to establish the straight line distance from the House where the student lives to the front gate of the school when applying the distance tiebreaker criterion.
*Staff is defined as:
- Where the member of staff (teaching or support staff) has been employed at the school for 2 or more years at the time of which the application for admissions to the school is made.
- The member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is demonstrable skill shortage.