Abbeyfield School, Mereway, Northampton NN4 8BU
Places will be allocated to pupils who have an EHC Plan that names the school as appropriate provision. When there are more applications for places than there are places available, priority will be given in the following order:
- Children in public care (looked after children) or previously in public care (previously looked after children).
- Children of staff at Abbeyfield School where any of the following are met:
Pupils who will have an older brother or sister continuing at Abbeyfield School at the time of admission of the younger child.Pupils who live closer to Abbeyfield School than any other school.Other pupils.
- The member of staff has been employed at the school for two or more years at the time at which the application for admission to the academy is made.
- The member of staff is appointed to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage, applications can only be made once the member of staff accepts the offer of employment.
If the admission number is exceeded within any criterion, priority will be given to those who live closest to the school using NCC’s Geographical Information System. If two pupils live exactly the same distance away from the school, random allocation will be used as an additional tiebreak to decide who has the highest priority for admission.
Definition of a sibling
- a brother or sister living at the same address, who shares the same parents
- a half-brother or half-sister living at the same address, where two children share one common parent
- a step brother or step sister living at the same address, where two children are related by a parent’s marriage
- adopted or fostered children living in the same household