Huxlow Science College, Finedon Road, Irthlingborough, Wellingborough, Northants NN9 5TY
Oversubscription criteria September 2020 entry
Places will be allocated to pupils who have a statement of special educational needs, or who have an Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan which names the school as appropriate provision. When there are more applications for places than there are places available, priority will be given in the following order:
- Children in public care (Looked After Children) or previously in public care (previously Looked After Children).
- Children in public care (Looked After Children) or previously in public care outside of England.
- Pupils who live in the designated area: Finedon, Great Addington, Irthlingborough, Little Addington, Woodford and who will have an older sibling (see definition below) continuing at the school in September 2019.
- Pupils who live within the designated area.
- Pupils who live outside the designated area and who will have an older sibling (see definition below) continuing at the school in September 2019.
- Pupils who live outside the designated area.
If the admission number is exceeded within criterion (3) or (4), priority will be given to those who live furthest from the nearest alternative school. If the admission number is exceeded within any other criterion, priority will be given to those who live closest to the school, with distances measured using the NCC’s GIS system.
Children in state care outside of England
By children previously in state care outside of England, we mean children who have been looked after outside of England by a public authority, a religious organisation or another provider of care whose sole purpose is to benefit society. The care may have been provided in orphanages or other settings. Appropriate evidence of their previously looked after status must be provided by parents.
Sibling is defined in these arrangements as children who live as brother or sister in the same house, including natural brothers or sisters, adopted siblings, stepbrothers or sisters and foster brothers and sisters.