Chenderit School, Archery Road, Middleton Cheney, Banbury OX17 2QR
Places will be allocated to pupils who have an EHC Plan that names the school as appropriate provision. When there are more applications for places than there are places available, priority will be given in the following order:
- Children in public care (looked after children) or previously in public care.
- Pupils who live in the linked area associated with the school: Appletree, Aston-le-Walls, Chacombe, Chipping Warden, Culworth, Edgcote, Farthinghoe, Greatworth, Kings Sutton, Lower Boddington, Marston St Lawrence, Middleton Cheney, Moreton Pinkney, Overthorpe, Plumpton, Stuchbury, Sulgrave, Thenford, Thorpe Mandeville, Upper Boddington, Warkworth, Weedon Lois, Weston and Wappenham*. *Please note that the County Council does not provide transport from Wappenham to Chenderit School.
- Pupils who will have a brother or sister continuing at Chenderit School at the time of admission of the child.
- Pupils attending the designated contributory Primary Schools: Boddington, Chacombe, Chipping Warden, Culworth, Farthinghoe, Greatworth, Kings Sutton, Middleton Cheney, St Loys, St Mary’s Catholic Primary and continuing in attendance until the final offer of places is made.
- Pupils selected for their aptitude in the visual arts. A maximum of 10% will be selected through the presentation of a portfolio and assessments as to aptitude (if you are applying for one of the aptitude places you will need to submit a portfolio to the school by the closing date, which is 19 October 2018). Please contact the school directly for details of what to include in your portfolio.
- Children of staff who have been directly employed by Chenderit School for a period of not less than 2 calendar years at the time of the child’s admission and continuing to be in direct employment at the time of the child’s admission.
- Other pupils.
If the admission number is exceeded within criterion 5, priority will be given according to aptitude scores. If the admission number is exceeded within any other criterion, priority will be given to those who live closest to the school measured in a straight line using NCC’s GIS.