Woodnewton Annex, 7 Princewood Road, Earlstrees Industrial Estate, Corby, NN17 4AP
Where applications for admission exceed the number of places available, after the admission of children with Statements of Special Educational Needs, priority for admission will be given to those children who meet the criteria set out below, in order:
- Looked after children and previously looked after children
- Children who are residents within the school’s defined catchment area (see map from school).
- Children who have a sibling currently attending the school.
- Where there are medical grounds (supported by a doctor’s certificate) why it is essential that the child attends this particular school. Where the member of teaching and non-teaching staff has been employed at the school for two or more years, at the time of which the application for admission to the school is made and/or the member of teaching and non-teaching staff is recruited to fill a vacant post, for which there is a demonstrable skills shortage.
- Proximity of the child’s home address to the school, those living nearer being accorded the higher priority. Measurements will be straight line distances taken using the Local Authority’s computerised measuring system.
Where it is necessary to choose between two or more applicants, the tiebreaker will be distance with the child who resides the nearest to the school being given a place. Where there is more than one applicant at the relevant distance, then the tie breaker will be random allocation. The random allocation process will be independently supervised.