Type of service:
Community And Wellbeing
8-10 The Lakes,
Northamptonshire County Council, John Dryden House,
0300 126 1000
We encourage all residents to undertake a home fire safety check and ensure they have working smoke alarms. Whether you're at home, at work or outside, we want to help you keep safe from fire. Prevention is better than cure.
If you are experiencing any problems with an existing smoke alarm fitted by the fire service - visit the smoke alarm guidance page for assistance.
You may be able to request a home fire safety check. Please complete our online form.
We can give you advice on:
- how to make your home safer
- what to do in the event of a fire
- what to do if you are trapped by a fire
Who will carry out your home fire safety check?
- We will always inform you of who will be attending your home for a prebooked appointment.
- If you are approached as a result of 'direct engagement' in your area please be assured that all our staff will wear a valid service ID card. These can be checked with the service by contacting us.
- We are working in partnership with the British Red Cross and Age Concern. They may contact you to carry out your home fire safety check on our behalf.
Contact provider for details
Ofsted Inspection Grade:
- None (no Criteria For Eligibility)