Stress is a perfectly natural feeling that everybody experiences in one form or another.
Everyone has ‘mental health’ and this can be thought of in terms of:
- how we feel about ourselves and the people around us
- our ability to make and keep friends and relationships
- our ability to learn from others and to develop psychologically and emotionally.
Being mentally healthy is also about having the strength to overcome the difficulties and challenges we can all face at times in our lives, to have confidence and self-esteem, and to be able to take decisions and believe in ourselves.
It is quite normal to sometimes feel worried, anxious or upset when things don’t go as you hope – everyone faces pressure in their lives at certain times and these can include:
- Work and getting a job
- Growing up and becoming more independent from your family
- Making up (and breaking up) with friends
- Grief - dealing with the death of someone you know
There is plenty of help and support to guide you if you need help with your emotional wellbeing.
Watch the video below where Carrie Hope Fletcher talks about ways to deal with a stressful life:
Northamptonshire's children and young people's mental health and wellbeing
Northamptonshire County Council are working together with local partners to develop local transformation plans for delivering improvements in children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing in Northamptonshire over the next 5 years.
This is to ensure that every child or young person gets the help they need when and where they need it.
Find out more on the Nene Clinical Commissioning Group Future in Mind website.