Consultation and Engagement
The following privacy notice applies to Consultation and Engagement activity at Northamptonshire County Council.
Can include some or all of the following depending on the consultation and/or engagement activity – this information is usually optional and not providing this information will generally not exclude someone from taking part unless the provision of that information is crucial to ascertaining their views:
- Contact details
- Demographic information relating to protected characteristics as defined by the Equality Act 2010: age, sex, ethnicity, religion or belief, health or disability, pregnancy or maternity status, sexuality, gender identity, marital status
- Relationships information e.g. number of / ages of children, health or disability of children
- Caring responsibilities
- Job role (if responding on behalf of an organisation)
Agencies we might share the information with
This will depend on the subject matter but may include:
Purpose for processing
- seeking views
- service improvement
- planning the commissioning or decommissioning of services
- policy development
- understanding who uses our services (and where there may be gaps)
We will use any personal information to see how representative the feedback is of Northamptonshire’s population. We will also use it to see if any particular groups of people are especially affected by our proposals.
We will process any personal information we receive from you in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), the Data Protection Act 2018 and Northamptonshire County Council’s data protection policy and guidelines. This means that Northamptonshire County Council will hold your personal data and only use it for the purpose for which it was collected, being this survey. We won't identify individuals when reporting back our findings and we will keep this information for seven years.
We will also, under normal circumstances, not pass your personal data on to anyone else. However, we may be asked under access to information laws to publish or disclose some, or all, of the information you provide in response to this survey, including any personal information. We will only do this where such disclosure will comply with such relevant information laws which include the Freedom of Information Act 2000, the Data Protection Act 2018 and the Environmental Information Regulations 2004.