The Minerals and Waste Development Scheme (MWDS) sets out the context, scope and timetable, for keeping the Minerals and Waste Local Plan up to date.
Following the adoption of the new Minerals and Waste Local Plan on 1 October 2014, a new MWDS came into force on the same day. This new MWDS was agreed by Cabinet on 9 September 2014 and set out the timescales for the Minerals and Waste Local Plan Update (a partial review of the adopted Plan)
In relation to the dates in the MWDS and the progress of the Local Plan update:
- Consultation on Issues and Options took place in May to July 2015 rather than April to June 2015
- Consultation on the Draft Plan took place from December 2015 to February 2016 rather than October to December 2015
- The Final Draft Plan period for representations ran from late May to late July 2016 rather than April to June 2016
- Submission was August 2016 (previously June 2016)
- The public hearing sessions were held in November 2016 rather than October 2016.
- The Inspector's Report was published on 8 May 2017 rather than January/February 2017.
- Adoption was on 1 July 2017 rather than March 2017.
Cabinet agreed at its meeting on 16 May 2017 that a review of the Minerals and Waste Local Plan should commence within two years of the adoption of the Minerals and Waste Local Plan Update. This review will therefore commence no later than 1 July 2019. A new Minerals and Waste Development Scheme will be prepared at the appropriate time to set out the key dates for the review.