Date posted: 23/03/2017
Purpose of the role
Helping people to become digitally fluent is a primary focus for libraries and we are looking for volunteers who are willing to share their IT skills to support customers who struggle to use computers or the internet. Whether wanting to keep in touch with family and friends, apply for a new job or just discover the joys of online shopping, the first steps can daunting and a helping hand is so important in giving customers the confidence to try to develop their own IT skills. Current opportunities include Blue Badge Support Volunteer, Employment Support Volunteer, IT Buddy (A full description for each of these roles is available from the library)
What tasks may be involved?
- Tasks are dependent on the type of role, but may include;
- Helping customers to use the internet to search for jobs
- Supporting and assisting customers in making online job applications and writing CVs
- Assisting with online form filling as required
- Helping to develop the skills and self confidence of computer users, so that they can help themselves in the future
What qualities or skills would be useful?
- Have competent computer skills
- Have patience to support people who are learning something new
- Have good communication and listening skills
- Be flexible, reliable and able to help on a regular basis
- Be able to understand the need for confidentiality
- Be able to work without supervision
What would the benefits be for me?
- Gaining experience of supporting others by helping them to get online
- Using and developing your communication skills
- Meeting new people and being part of the LibraryPlus team
- Receiving a reference from the Library Manager
Times when the opportunity is taking place.
|Monday|| || || |
|Tuesday|| || || |
|Wednesday|| || || |
|Thursday|| || || |
|Saturday|| || || |
|Sunday|| || || |
DBS check required?
To find out more about the organisation, go to www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/brackleylibrary
Brackley Library, Manor Road, Brackley. NN13 6AJ.Apply now