Date posted: 14/05/2018
Purpose of the role
Excellent customer service is vitally important at LibraryPlus and our volunteers can make a real difference to our customers’ experience – making them feel welcome in the library, signposting them to information and services, helping them to use library equipment and resources, delivering books to those unable to visit the library or simply helping with refreshments at regular coffee mornings.
There are a range of Customer Support opportunities available in our libraries including Greeter, Home Library Service Volunteer and Coffee Morning Volunteer. (A full description for each of these roles is available from the library)
What tasks may be involved?
- Tasks are dependent on the type of role, but may include;
- Meeting and greeting visitors to the library
- Explaining the layout of the library and signposting to services
- Assisting with the use of self-service machines or accessing the library online catalogue
- Supporting and assisting customers using the People’s Network
- Visiting customers in their own homes, delivering and collecting books
What qualities or skills would be useful?
- Be outgoing, welcoming and approachable
- Have good communication and listening skills
- Have an interest in libraries, books and reading
- Enjoy meeting and helping people
What would the benefits be for me?
- Developing your customer service and communication skills
- Undertaking relevant training provided by library staff members
- Giving something back to your local community by supporting others
- Meeting new people and being a part of the LibraryPlus Team
- Receiving a reference from the Library Manager
Times when the opportunity is taking place.
|Monday|| || |
|Tuesday|| || |
|Wednesday|| || |
|Thursday|| || |
|Saturday|| || || |
|Sunday|| || || |
DBS check required?
To find out more about the organisation, go to www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/ketteringlibrary
Kettering Library, Sheep Street, Kettering. NN16 0AY.Apply now