Date posted: 26/05/2017
Purpose of the role
Income generation and delivery of outstanding customer service in libraries would not be achievable without a great deal of support from volunteers, both at the front of house and behind the scenes. Volunteers have the opportunity to help our libraries and Business Support Team with the allocation, distribution and presentation of book and retail stock, as well as assisting with surveys to ensure that the customer experience is always the best that it can be. There are a range of Business Support opportunities available in our libraries including Distribution Volunteer, Retail Volunteer, Stock Volunteer and Survey Volunteer (A full description for each of these roles is available from the library)
What tasks may be involved?
- Tasks are dependent on the type of role, but may include;
- Allocating, distributing and pricing of new retail stock
- Helping with library stock, returning borrowed items to the shelves
- Ensuring that stock displays are fresh and attractive
- Distributing, collating and recording of National Library Surveys
- Assisting with sale of discarded stock, both in the library and online
What qualities or skills would be useful?
- Have good organisational skills with an eye for detail
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills
- Have reasonable levels of fitness and the ability to undertake moderate lifting
- Enjoy meeting and engaging with people
- Be able to work without regular supervision
What would the benefits be for me?
- Gaining experience in administration and business support
- Developing your organisational skills
- Undertaking relevant training provided by library staff members
- Meeting new people and being part of the LibraryPlus team
- Receiving a reference from the Library Manager
Times when the opportunity is taking place.
DBS check required?
To find out more about the organisation, go to www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/brackleylibrary
Brackley Library, Manor Road, Brackley. NN13 6AJ.Apply now