Date posted: 10/10/2017
Purpose of the role
Hosting events which help to generating income through fundraising and room hire is vitally important to libraries and there are a number of ways in which our volunteers can support us in achieving this - by acting as the primary contact and keyholder for groups using the library out of hours, being the nominated keyholder for a group that you are directly involved with, supporting library staff with one off-events or by organising your own fundraising events.
Current opportunities include Events Support Volunteer, Special Events Volunteer, Super Sunday Volunteer, Fundraising Volunteer, Nominated Keyholder Volunteer (A full description for each of these roles is available from the library)
What tasks may be involved?
- Tasks are dependent on the type of role, but may include;
- Being responsible for opening and securing library premises after an event
- Setting up or preparing space prior to sessions if required
- Planning and organising your own fundraising events
- Encouraging other volunteers to get involved with fundraising activities
- Welcoming attendees and guests
- Taking responsibility for the health and safety of yourself and the group throughout the event
- Protecting the integrity of the premises, ensuring that rules around access to non- public areas are adhered to
- Acting as keyholder and being in attendance for the entire duration of the session
- Liaising with the Library Manager on any issues that might arise
What qualities or skills would be useful?
- Be over the age of 18
- Be able to commit to regular time slots (including mornings and evenings when libraries are closed)
- Have good communication skills and be able to convey Health and Safety regulations to attendees, ensuring that these are adhered to
- Be reliable and responsible at all times
- Have an awareness of events and activities in your local community
What would the benefits be for me?
- Supporting your local community
- Contributing to the wider library strategy by utilising the premises out of opening hours
- Meeting new people and being part of the LibraryPlus team
- Receiving a reference from the Library Manager
Times when the opportunity is taking place.
|Monday|| || || |
|Tuesday|| || || |
|Thursday|| || |
|Friday|| || |
|Sunday|| || |
DBS check required?
To find out more about the organisation, go to www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/brackleylibrary
Brackley Library, Manor Road, Brackley. NN13 6AJ.Apply now